FOR THOSE WHO SERVE, SAVE
- ✓ Active Duty
- ✓ Reservist
- ✓ Veteran
- ✓ Law Enforcement Officer
- ✓ First Responder
- ✓ Government Employee
Join for FREE to instantly verify your service and get access to exclusive savings on this product and many more.JOIN
What is it?
Named after the Italian word for Brick, Mattone is a water-resistant, ultra-compact seat bag that attaches to the rails using the BOA® Closure System. Unique zipper design allows it to be accessed while on the bike, or to open like a book when removed from the bike for easy access.
Who's it for?
Mattone is for the cyclist looking to carry a spare tube, CO2, Multi-Tool, and some cash in a discrete, water-resistant package. Internal divider holds ID, credit card or cash while also protecting your tube from your multi-tool!
WHY SILCA DESIGNED IT:
Seat bag users fall into two categories: Seat Roll aficionados and seat bag users. Traditionally, seat bags have been simple open spaces that allowed content to jangle about, making noise and rubbing against each other. Often times a spare tube was pulled out of a seat bag to reveal it was more full of holes than the tube being replaced due to friction against a house key or multi-tool. With Mattone, SILCA designed a layout similar to a book, where the bag can fully open to hold the tube and CO2 cartridge on one side, separated by a padded ballistic nylon ‘page’ separating it from the other side where you can store an inflator head, multi-tool, contact lens case, etc. The ‘page’ also contains a slot for a credit card, ID, money, or house key. The unique off-center Aquaguard Zipper allows the case to completely open and lay flat when off the bike, while also allowing easy access to the multi-tool and money/card slots when on the bike without risk of spilling all the contents of the bag.
A high friction Hypalon strap with BOA® Closure completes the package. Making more than 15x the power of Velcro®, the BOA® Closure uses a ratcheting mechanism that will not creep or loosen even under the most extreme vibration and impact. This ensures the Mattone will remain ‘high and tight’ under your saddle until you need to access it... no swinging, swaying, or rattling... ever.
- Exterior - Sleek black finish with reflective graphics
- Interior - Hi-contrast red material with separate ID, credit card or money flap
- Interior Volume - Holds one inner tube, one CO2 cartridge, one tire lever (all of these components are sold separately and are not included)
- BOA® Closure System with open guide release on Hypalon retaining strap
- YKK Aquaguard® zipper
- Outside Dimensions: 13cm x 8.5cm x 5.5cm
- Volume: Approximately .61 L
- Strap Measurements: 27cm x 4.5cm
- CUSTOMER REVIEWS -
- SSherwinVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars1 week agoGreat saddle bag
Great saddle bag, fit all the things needed for my spare partsWas this helpful?
- VVladimirVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 stars4 months ago5 Stars
Great seat bag for all the tools and parts that you might need on the trail.Was this helpful?