PNW made this post to honor your most adventurous days on the trail. From the quadzilla climbs to the serpentine descents, the Loam Dropper capitalizes on PNW’s best-in-class reliability in our shortest, lightest and most customizable package yet. The new Loam also features swappable silicone bands that hug the midcap, giving you the opportunity to match your bike (or mood).
- By shortening the overall post and adding 25mm of Tool-Less Travel Adjust they've guaranteed you more drop across a wider variety of frame designs, sizes and body types. This means more distraction free descents with less awkward high fives from your saddle when the trail gets rowdy.
- Slow and controlled or swift and poppy? Dial in your dropper’s return rate with personalized pressure, courtesy of the Loam Post’s adjustable air cartridge.
HOW DOES TRAVEL ADJUST WORK?
Their travel adjust system allows for a total of 25mm travel reduction in 5mm increments. If you were riding that line between travel sizes you can now fine-tune the perfect fit by following the easy directions below:
- Begin by lowering your dropper at or below the desired travel length (just make sure it’s not fully extended!)
- Unthread the midcap with your hand and slide it up to reveal the white DU Bushing.
- You’ll see negative numbers with corresponding notches machined into the post (each # represents decreasing travel.
- Slide the DU bushing up and rotate it to align the black arrow with the amount of travel you would like to reduce, then seat the arrow into the machined groove. (Make sure it’s fit securely into these notches!)
- After pushing the DU Bushing back down, lower the midcap and hand tighten (no need to go overboard!) and ride off into the sunset with the perfect travel for you.