SEE AND BE SEEN
This rearview radar with tail light pairs with your Edge® bike computer or compatible smartphone to alert you of vehicles approaching from behind.
- Reliable rearview radar lets you ride like you know what’s coming.
- One radar. Multiple display options. Pair it with your compatible Garmin device, your phone or both.
- The Varia™ app has you covered if you’re using your phone as a primary or backup display.
- Shine brighter. Daylight visibility lets approaching vehicles see you from up to a mile away.
- It’s small, it’s easy to mount, and it works with just about any bike.
- Get more life out of your radar with up to 16 hours of battery life in day flash mode.
- FEATURES -
Varia RTL515 rearview radar provides visual and audible alerts for vehicles approaching from behind up to 153 yards (140 meters) away.
MULTIPLE PAIRING OPTIONS
This radar works seamlessly with your Edge bike computer or compatible smartphone as well as select Garmin wearables or the optional radar display unit.
WORKS WITH THE VARIA APP
This smartphone app helps you increase your awareness by providing graphics — plus tone and vibration alerts — that indicate the position and speed of approaching cars.
THIRD-PARTY APP COMPATIBLE
When used with a compatible smartphone, Varia radar integrates with your favorite apps, such as Ride with GPS to overlay your maps with rearview radar alerts.
Alert motorists to your presence as soon as possible with daylight visibility up to 1 mile.
Easily mount this sleek, compact device on the seatpost of almost any road-use bicycle. The vertical design allows for better leg clearance and a perfectly comfortable ride.
Varia RTL515 features multiple modes, including peloton mode, which provides a low-intensity flash that is kind to other cyclists’ eyes when riding in a group.
- SPECS -
- Physical Specifications
- Dimensions: 3.9” x 0.8” x 1.6" (98.6 x 19.7 x 39.6 mm)
- Weight: 2.5 oz (71.0 g)
- Modes: solid, peloton, night flash, day flash
- Lumens: 20 solid, 8 peloton, 29 night flash, 65 day flash
- Battery life: 6 hours solid, 8 hours peloton, 6 hours night flash, 16 hours day flash
- ANT+®: Yes
- BLE: Yes
- Water rating: IPX7
- Viewing angle: 220°
- IN THE BOX -
- Varia RTL515
- Mounting Kit
- CUSTOMER REVIEWS -
- RHRICHARD H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 days agoSafety
Excellent quality always safety is first important 👍
- RZRobert Z.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoAwesome safety device!
This is a great safety device for cycling, not only is the taillight itself very bright but the added rear radar provides a new level of early warning for approaching cars. Before you can even hear a car coming up from behind, the Varia will alert an audible warning chime on my Wahoo computer. As an added bonus, the flashing pattern of the light becomes more agressive the closer a rearward car gets to passing.
- CWChris W.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 weeks agoA must have for road riding
I considered a rear radar unit a gimmick until a couple of weeks ago. After riding with some cyclists who use the Garmin Varia, I decided to get one for my road bike (especially since Garmin had them on sale). It has been a game changer when used in conjunction with a mirror. The readout of how many vehicles it detects on my Garmin 830 along with the audible detection alert and clearance alert has helped make road riding safer.
- JMJamie M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars9 months agoGarmin Varia RTL515
Excellent product- accurately displays vehicles approaching from behind.
- CCHANVerified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoRTL 515
Best gadget for your cycling need