FOR THOSE WHO SERVE, SAVE
Use your ID.me credentials to apply your savings in your cart using the green Verify with ID.me button.
ELIGIBLE GROUPS FOR SAVINGS
- ✓ Active Duty
- ✓ Reservist
- ✓ Veteran
- ✓ Law Enforcement Officer
- ✓ First Responder
- ✓ Government Employee
- ✓ Medical
- ✓ Nurse
- ✓ Teacher
AMS's Honeycomb CHAIN Guard is specially designed to protect chain and seat stays of XC, Gravel, Cross and Road bikes from impacts, scratches and chain rubbing. It's made of an exclusive, super easy to install, honeycomb adhesive pvc, the same as their successful Frame Guards.
- Get rid of marks, chips and chain wear on the chain stay and seat stay.
- Don't ruin the look of your bike. Improve it.
- Super easy to install, even on the most difficult curves. Fool proof.
- Designed for universal fitting for XC, Gravel, Cross and Road seat and chain stays.
- Designed and made in Barcelona.
- High impact and rub resistance honeycomb 380 microns semi-rigid PVC.
- Minimum weight (15 grams / 0.53 ounces).
- Cool look and feel honeycomb material.
- Easy to install. Fits most chain and seat stays without cutting.
- Automotive-grade materials. Won't yellow over time. Guaranteed.
- 1 big modular part for the chain stay with precuts for difficult stays, and two narrower parts for the seat stays.
- Identify the area to protect and proceed to install in a warm area (avoid installing at temperatures lower than 12ºC/ 53 F)
- Clean the area to protect from dust, mud and debris as well as from the rest of oils, or silicones, using alcohol or similar. Use only alcohol or alcohol derivatives. Do not use supermarket cleaners, as they have silicones that are the worst enemy of adhesives.
- Apply gently the Chain Guard, rubbing with your hand to help it adapt. While the glue is still fresh, you can reposition it if you placed it badly the first time.
- Apply pressure evenly around all the surfaces to help for a better adhesion
- Let it bond for some hours, and go use it!!!
AMS uses a strong automotive-grade adhesive, so for removal, they recommend using a hairdryer or heat gun to soften the adhesive and PVC and to facilitate the operation.
Install in a warm area. Avoid installing at temperatures below 12ºC/53 F.